Monday, April 6, 2009

The Buzz Around Town

The buzz is about town. Everywhere you look there are signs for the 2009 MS Walk. Everyone you meet has a story to tell about a friend, loved one, co-worker or just an acquaintance who has been touched on some level by MS.

We've certainly come a long way since my mother was diagnosed in 1982 and further still with my diagnosis in 1990. We still have a ways to go for that cure but I'm optimistic. By participating and taking a pro active part in the process research will continue and perhaps I/we can give it a boost.

I am very fortunate to have the support of my family and friends but not everyone does. On April 19, 2009 I'm walking/rolling for everyone who has been touched by this disease.

I'm not the kind of person that likes to sit on the sidelines and watch life pass me by, I like to get in it and get dirty. It's important to take part and live.

See you all on April 19th. Wherever you are walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...