Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We Did It!!


What a day we had Sunday!


I was in great company as I joined thousands of people in Sunnybrook Park to walk to end MS.
It was a festive hubbub of both mankind and beast, all united in mind and mission. Participants came in all shapes and sizes with various accoutrements: strollers, wheelchairs, wagons, walkers, water bottles, juice boxes, canes, and scooters. From moms and dads, to children, to grandmothers and grandfathers, to dogs of all sizes, and to friends – they were all there, ready to walk and roll.


Despite battling a cantankerous chest cold, I walked ten kilometres, with the help of warm sunshine on my face and glorious deep blue skies above me. By my calculations, I took 12,000 steps – give or take. :) I was prepared for a difficult night MS-wise but other than some stiffness, I have experienced no increase in MS symptoms.


I am reminded that Sunday wasn’t just about a walk in a park. Because of the generosity of sponsors and volunteers, of family and friends, and of the tremendous outpouring of donations, the walk – every step, in fact – was a statement – a huge affirmation that we will end MS.


I’m registered already to walk in 2010.


Every step matters.


Barbara Dickson

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...