Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Participant Spotlight - Greatest Mandarin MS Walk Experience


 
After the 2010 Mandarin MS Walk at Sunnybrook Park, in which I was a finish line cheerer, I decided that I wanted to do more for MS and registered for the 2011 Mandarin MS Walk.  I was pumped up and couldn’t wait to start fundraising and setting up my 1st Mandarin MS Walk Personal fundraising page in which I sponsored myself $445 before I sent out my mass email to my contacts.  I aimed to raise at least $1000 to enter the 1st level of the “Elite Feet Club”.  It was challenging and I did achieve my goal the day of the 20th anniversary walk by sponsoring myself another $35 to bring me to my goal. 

I was pumped, full of energy and ready to walk and was only intending to walk 5km, but instead I completed 10km, as I was intrigued by other walkers going up the stairs and over the bridge that was at the 1st checkpoint.  My intrigue led me over the bridge and I discovered a beautiful path and park that went behind the Science Centre.  Like the postman, nothing stopped me from walking and experiencing a great park and beyond through “Rain/Snow/Sleet/Peak of Sun” I honored all my sponsors, setup crew, volunteers, organizers and everyone who has been affected by MS and especially for my mother-in-law (MY DEAR MOTHER ROSE).  On my way back from the 2nd checkpoint, I met a lovely couple who lived around the corner and adjacent from me, we talked along the way back while enjoying the great scenery and a couple of memorial plaques and statues along the way.

Since my 1st Mandarin MS Walk I participated in, I have been participating each year and aim to reach the 1st level of the “ELITE FEET CLUB” and so far have raised just over $4000 in the few years I have been participating. With my fundraising for 2014 Mandarin MS Walk still in progress with only a few short weeks to go before the big day, which this year is a significant time in my life with my husband that is mentioned on my personal MS Walk page.  My fundraising for the 2014 Mandarin MS Walk is my most successful, with your kind support I will reach my goal of $2000 and beyond – “2GETHER WE WILL END MS”

Judy Wyatt

Click here to help Judy reach her goal! Connect with Judy on Facebook - http://on.fb.me/1iFshpE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...