Thursday, April 3, 2014

Participant Spotlight - Noah Levin: Why I became a Team Captain

 
Eight years ago, my father uttered the most ghastly words that could be said to a child. “Noah, your mother and I would like to have a word with you,” he said, as I trembled in fear. On my way to my parents’ room, I went over all the things I’ve done wrong in the past month, but this conversation went much differently than expected. My mother told me that she suffered from multiple sclerosis, and has for the last twenty years.
 
As time went on, my mother’s condition worsened. She still works as hard as she possibly can to provide for my sisters and I. My mother is a hero. She has the heart to sacrifice for the life I want to live. I became a team captain so I can reciprocate. There are thousands of other heroes who live with MS, each with their own powerful story and reasons to fight. Please join me in my quest to end MS, so my mom, and thousands of others, can live easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...