Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Participant Spotlight: Why I’m a Team Captain in the Mandarin MS Walk

 

It was a cold morning in October of 2012. I was on my way to school and I noticed there was something in my eye. I thought it was makeup or an eyelash but no matter how much I rubbed it, it wouldn't go away. After research, it turned out I have MS. My family and I didn't really understand what MS was even though we searched it on the internet. This made me feel alone and I knew I had to do something so that others wouldn't feel the way I did. I started an online community group called Keep S'Myelin, which is found on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I got the name from what MS does to our bodies.  Myelin is the protective sheath around our nerves in which our immune system attacks. With MS, I learned to stay positive as much as I can so therefore the name Keep S'Myelin!

My team name is Team Kayla, but I don't only walk for myself - I walk for all those affected by MS! Together we can make a change and one day we WILL cross out MS!


Visit http://bit.ly/1nqXpcJ  to help Kayla reach her goal!  Or become a participant to help end MS at

Connect with Kayla:

 
Instagram - @Keep_SMyelin

Twitter - @Keep__SMyelin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...